BusinessObjects Board

Trying To Build Report With Multiple Items

I apologize if this is posted elsewhere. I could not find this anywhere.

Using Crystal Reports 10

I have a report that I am using based on a database that I did not build nor am I able to edit. It is to track orders for customers. Each customer is assigned an order number (orders.orders_id).

The way the report is currently set up, there are formulas for each item (Note: The names of the formulas are listed in quotes):
“case20prf quantity” - If {order_items.alc_id}=3 then {order_items.quantity}
“gal190prf quantity” - If {order_items.alc_id}=4 then {order_items.quantity}
“gal200prf quantity” - If {order_items.alc_id} = 1 then {order_items.quantity}
“pail19prf” - If {order_items.alc_id}=5 then {order_items.quantity}
“pt200prf quantity” - If {order_items.alc_id}=2 then {order_items.quantity}

Each of these is listed under the corresponding item across the top.

If you look at the attached screenshot of the report, doing it this way causes orders with multiple items to display on multiple lines (sometimes up to 4 and 5 lines for each order).

Basically what we would like to do is have the report pull each order number and have all items listed next to the order number. Because of excel reports we are copying these into, we need to keep the report as is (with all items in a row).

Any suggestions to do this?

Thanks!!

P.S. I am self taught in Crystal (version 10) so I apologize if not explained properly.
Alc Report Qtys.jpg
Alc Report Design.jpg

marphi (BOB member since 2015-10-13)

Sounds like you have multiple rows pulling into you detail section there. What you might need to do, is group on the unique number you have on the left (presume that`s order id) and then aggregate all your formulas and display everything in the group header section.

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)