BusinessObjects Board

Trigger multiple reports based on event

Hello, Is there a way to trigger multiple reports at once based on the trigger. I can schedule a report and it is triggered based on an event but I have 100 reports total that need to be triggered based on the same event.

I am trying to avoid creating a schedule for each report. Also, if we do find a way to trigger 100 reports at once what kind of toll it will take on the server and is it advisable.

Please advise.
Thank you.

supersonic (BOB member since 2011-08-02)

Yes, you can schedule as many reports with an event as you like.

The number of jobs that run concurrently will depend on the setting in the Job Server (the default is 5). The optimal number will depend on your server configuration.

But there’s nothing special about schedule concurrency and Events. That is, if you schedule 100 jobs to run at 2:00pm, it will have the same result as scheduling them to use an Event and then triggering the Event.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

You have to do this. A report cannot be scheduled to run unless you create a schedule for it. Many companies have thousands of schedule reports.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Thank you for all your help guys. It looks like I will need to setup 100 schedules and each one will be triggered based on the event. I can set them up to run each month. But if I need to change the time for some reason, it will require me to touch each report again.
Am I correct?

supersonic (BOB member since 2011-08-02)