BusinessObjects Board

Totals in Section

Hi
I have a report that prints multiple pages for multiple areas selected by the user at the prompt.

Each page has a section which has a table. The table has a cell in the footer which sums up a column and shows the result. Originally the users did not have a choice at the prompt to select multiple areas. So this cell showed the totals for the report. Now that I changed it to print in separate pages for each area the cell still shows the totals for the report rather than the area. At the top of each page the area is shown which I tried using in the formula of the footer cell by putting in a where condition but still does not work.

This is what I have.

Formula for the cell in the footer is as follows.

= Where (=1 And =)

= does not look right. BUt I am not sure what I should change to fix this. Can someone please suggest.

Thanks

patty :india: (BOB member since 2004-02-12)

If your cell is within a Master/Details section (which are defined by ) then the measure should display automatically the value aggregated to the for that aprticular Master/Destail section (same holds true for break).

This leads me to two questions:

1. What is the exact formula of your cell (maybe you are using any input/output contexts)?

B) Are you using a Master/Detail report? And if so where exactly is the “problem” cell positioned?

Regarding WHERE syntax (and pitfalls) for Business Objects Reporter variables or formulas, please take a look at the Reporter FAQ here.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Andreas
I guess may be what I should do is use a value that shows up in a report in my where condition. Can I do that and if so how? I will look into what you asked me to look into and get back to you.

Thanks

Hi Andreas
I am using a master/detail and the problem cell is in the footer of a table which is in the detail. And the formula in the cell is the same as the cells in the column but since it is the footer of the table it is giving me the total. And the data in the cell is an object that is being summed in the universe and is being used in this cell.

Do you have more than one data provider? Which version are you on? I have run into the problem with multicube not working in a sectioned report, although this seems to be fixed in v6.

Lisa Bates :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

I have three data providers. The one thing I noticed just now was that the area was not being brought in from the other two DPs. NOw I included the area in the other DP but still it does not work. I am using 5.1

Are the data providers linked across all common dimensions (including Area)?
Have you tried using the Business Objects Reporter function MultiCube?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

ANdreas
Thank you so much. That was one place where it was not linked and hence those problems. I was able to get it to work now.

THanks so much