BusinessObjects Board

Tomcat Upgrade on a BO Windows Server

Has anyone only upgrade Tomcat on a BO server? If so, what were some of the steps followed?

I was able to do a Stand Alone Update to Tomcat several months ago.
Our BO Version is 4.2 SP8 Patch 10, New Tomcat Version 9.0.54
No issues encountered following this KBA…

Thank you for the link Mike! I was able to get this completed by simply deleting and then replacing files downloaded from Tomcat. This can only be done within the same verson.

1 Like

Hi Indy,

Could you please explain, what you mean exactly by

Blockquote
by simply deleting and then replacing files downloaded from Tomcat. This can only be done within the same verson.

I simply downloaded files from Tomcat’s website. I think replaced the folders within the Tomcat directory with the ones I downloaded. But you don’t need to do it for the entire set, just ones that are relevant to your environment

Hi
I did it long time ago because for some reason the tomcat was not upgraded during BO upgrade
bellow are my memos - no idea if it helps:

1. delete service BOE120Tomcat (previous tomcat 5.5 )
    C:\sc delete BOE120Tomcat7
  2. install tomcat 7.0.27
    java path:
    C:\Program Files\Business Objects\javasdk\jre
    install path
    C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat7
  3. CCM will be automatically updated (probably based on BOE120Tomcat service name)
  4. Modify Tomcat properties
  5. Open the file n “C:\Program Files\Business Objects\deployment\config.tomcat7”
    Uncomment the variable “as_service_name”.
    Assign the following values to the respective variables:
    as_dir= C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat7
    as_instance=localhost
    as_service_name=Tomcat7
    Save & close the file.
  6. Open the file “C:\Program Files\Business Objects\deployment\tomcat7.xml ” folder.
    Make sure that the file has the correct path to the Tomcat7 executable.

Save & close the file.
  7. In the “C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf” directory create a folder called Catalina. Within the Catalina folder create another folder called localhost
    “C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat7\conf\Catalina\localhost”
  8. Open Command Prompt (Always as Administrator) by clicking Start, Run, type “cmd” and click OK.
  9. Change the deployment directory within the SAP BusinessObjects installation path you installed to ("C:\Program Files\Business Objects\deployment”).
  10. Run the command “wdeploy tomcat7 deployall”.
  11. A BUILD SUCCESSFUL message will appear once deployment of all WAR files is successful.
    If not, you need to review the failures and correct as needed.
  12. Tomcat 7 is now deployed to and configured for usage with SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 SPx.
    Change Tomcat service to automatic start