BusinessObjects Board

This day in history

June, 6, 2002 was the date of the very first post ever made on this board. It was something along the lines of…

We have come a long way since that initial installation. We’re over 16,000 users, and closing in on a quarter-million posts. :shock: We average around 100 new users every week, and are over one million page views per month.

What’s more important, at least to me, is that the community spirit that was there at the beginning has continued through to today. I can count on one hand the number of times the moderator team has had to step in and really settle things down. If you participate in any other discussion board(s) on the web you know how unusual that is. :slight_smile: So I would like to thank each and every one of you that comes to the board, perhaps to lurk (read but not post), perhaps to ask a question or two, and especially for those of you that take the time to try to help out your fellow BusinessObjects users.

Our official birthday is August 15, which is when the board was first announced to the BUSOB-L listserv mailing list. For those of you that have been around for a while, you might remember that we’ve had a contest of some sort each year around BOB’s birthday. We will continue that tradition this year.

Stay tuned for details. :bob:

Bob (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

It’s also the anniversary of D-Day in Normandy, 6/6/1944. :wink:

Bobarella (BOB member since 2004-02-12)