BusinessObjects Board

The prompt page is getting hang

Hi ,
I am getting the problem in prompt only other options like Constant and Values from list are working fine…

I am giving you one scenario where i am using just three objects from one table and in condition putting a prompt eg. A,B,C from table X and Prompt =A now what happening is its showing the processing request and getting hang means its running and running. Over all the prompt is not working . :hb:

This problem is not with one universe. But any of the universe its showing the same problem eg. e-Fashion also.

Is this a Problem of user rights i am working as Default Administrator with blanck pwd.

Can some one through some light on my problem i am not getting the solution please help me solving the problem. It will be of great help.

pavan024 (BOB member since 2006-09-19)

I think the reason may be the new version of Java. Since I recently installed it I now get a nice big orange animated java icon when loading a report and the prompt no longer displays (hangs at retrieving data). The java console states there was an exception.

PC’s with older versions of Java display the prompt fine. Just need to find a setting in Java to make it work again or downgrade to the older version of the JRE.

hj008 (BOB member since 2007-01-17)

I’m getting this same error. As soon as I switch to prompt on the query filter the entire system hangs. So if anyone has an answer other than making sure that all of my users are running an older version of Java it would be greatly appreciated.

rbickham (BOB member since 2007-03-13)

I have this exact same problem.

The only workaround I found is, after you make the change to Prompt in the filter, do NOT Run query. Instead, just go to Edit Report. Then save the report.

When you go back the report by simply running the report, instead of modifying it, it WILL prompt you on the filter, and it will work.

This doesn’t work if you’re adding the prompt filter via custom SQL. As soon as you try to save the query, it hangs. Something abuot Prompt command, the Edit Query does not like.

I need a fix!!!

yubjun (BOB member since 2007-04-13)

I suspect you’re on java 1.6, as the symptoms match my experience. Java 1.6 is not currently supported, 1.5 and 1.4 are. If you downgrade to 1.5 then prompts work as expected.

Oops, just noticed this is in the “old” webi forum. Are you really using this version? It may be that Java 1.5 isn’t even supported.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)