BusinessObjects Board

The business objects server version is older and therefore n

The business objects server version is older and therefore not compatible with current version of businessobject 3-tier mode.

i got the above error in my infoview, when i tried to install the client side BO 6.5 from infoview (i.e to edit the bo from infoview side inorder to sort & filter the ruterned data.)
so any one can help me

GoitomG (BOB member since 2010-11-22)

Sounds like you previously installed ZABO from a newer version of BO. Try uninstalling the existing client, then re-install from Infoview.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

hi joepeters thx for ur qick replay
Am using BO 6.5 in apache tomacat web server on oracle 10g
I have only one BO serever no one can install bo from other serever or no one can install the 2 tire client side BO(B/c of applied policy) on the client.
I just tried to remove & install BO on one client but it just give me the error again & again. Even a newley installed client give the same error after the installation done.

The client side bo installed from infoview was working fine before i face this error, But one user told me he opened a bussiness object file from his hard drive other than the repository using the installed Bo client side, after he logged in using his infoview user account. He succesfully refreshed that file but when he log out & try to log in again this error was the only reply of the client side(infoview) BO sysetm.

Does that matter?? can i reset any setting or file content on the server?
please help me
thx hear from u bye

You got the error during the uninstall or re-install? What was the error?

hi joe
Here is the error
“The business objects server version is older and therefore not compatible with current version of businessobject 3-tier mode”.

The problem is happning on both fresh installation and re-installation. I can uninstall successfully and I can also install (re-install) the client side BO from infoview successfully. Like a normal SW I got & pressed the Finish button w/h implies the end of the installation. The problem is when I tried to open a file from infoview in edit mode (to sort or filter the records).
I hope this makes clear my Problem
Thx for ur help again
Soon to hear from u cya

That’s pretty wacky.

Have you tried restarting the BO services?

Can you start Full Client and retrieve documents from the repository?

HI joe
I restarted even the server but would u tell me w/h service to restart specifically?
And Ya every report opened and refreshed successfully through infoview.
Thx again

What does “w/h” mean?

I’m not sure why that would fix it, but there was a post here that indicated it would resolve the problem.

Joe

hi joe
i mean which service to restart?
w/h=which
thx for ur link i have seen that before, when i tried to search this error…but it seems easy problem.
thx cya

Just stop BOE using the start/stop tool.

Thx Dear joe
I restarted the services and restaretd the server too…it is working now
many thx joe for ur continues response and help
keep in touch
cya