BusinessObjects Board

Test Universe Domain Deleted

Hi,

Our DBA’s mistakenly deleted the database that contained our test Universe and Document domains. I thought a restore to the same database would bring back all the universes and documents but I can’t seem to get any of them to show up in Supervisor. I also tried creating a new database (borepotest) on a different server and created a new test universe domain and the repository tables. I then copied the contents of the deleted tables (which were restored) to the new database and tables.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Kevin

kvangor :us: (BOB member since 2003-03-20)

There are pointers to the docs and universes in the Security domain; so creating new document/universe domains and loading them with the recovered tables wouldn’t work.

When you say they don’t show up in Supervisor, do you mean the domains are gone from Tools->Repository?

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thanks for responding Joe,

I meant that the universes and documents didn’t show up in Supervisor after creating a new universe domain and copying the data to that domain from the restored tables.

Is there another way to have the Security domain recognize the copied data in the new universe domain?

Thank you,
Kevin

Did you already delete the original universe and document domains? If not, then simply re-pointing them to the new location should do the trick.

There’s no easy way that I know of to manually link content from the universe & document domains to the security domain.

If you did delete them, then you might have a problem, since all the links from the security domain to the documents and universes will be gone. You might be able to undelete them, by hacking obj_m_repository – change m_repo_n_lat from 1 to 4 for the dropped domains. I’ve never done this, so I can’t vouch for its likeliness for success, or its unlikeliness for wreaking further havoc.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thanks Joe for your reply,

We had an issue because of one of the missing universes. It was created and worked on by someone who left the company two years ago, so neither I nor another co-worker had saved the universe. Well, after thinking about it more I checked the WEBI server to see if that users storage folder was still there and it was, along with the missing universe!

So, I’m thinking I should be all set. The last thing I want to do is mess with the security domain.

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Kevin