BusinessObjects Board

Tempory Business Object files not being deleted

When some users logout of Webi they simply click on the X on the upper right browser instead of selecting logout. This causes the temporary file created under C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects 5.0\Temp to not get deleted.

Are there parameters to set in Webi Administrator to ensure they are cleaned up? Perhaps WIStorageManager?

Thanks,
Andrew :smiley:

Andrew Mitchell :canada: (BOB member since 2003-06-09)

Are you sure about that workflow? I would think that as their sessions aged out, those files would get cleared up…

Any chance you are short on priveleges to the temp folder? Are those sessions aging out??

I have had issues where users stay logged in indefinitely, but that was a privelege issue - any more info you could provide?

B.

bdouglas :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

The deleted just fine when the user logs out using the logout button. However the do appear to stick around if they do not logout correctly. I am still doing some testing however.

Thanks,
Andrew

You are correct. Further testing shows that the files are cleaned up after several hours. My colleagues did not see that behavior previously so I did not expect it to happen this time.

Thanks for you help,
Andrew