BusinessObjects Board

Tables in Reports

Gents,

I am new to Business Objects and all my experience is in ETL tool.

Currently i have problem in identifying queries used in reports,
say for ex. i have 10 reports and i wanted to know the list of tables used to create those BO reports or the query used to build it.

I can see all the queries which are in query panel.But is there any other way to identify all the queries used in reports??

so that it will reduce my time instead of opening each and every report.

Thanks.

Srikanth

Sriks (BOB member since 2011-04-04)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

If you have ONLY DeskI reports then this utility can help you:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi Marek,

Thanks for the response.

I have followed the steps,before that i need to update that am using version BO XI 3.1

I have went through the steps which has been said.

I have created folder which contains 10 reports and downloaded the DeskI Documents Inspector.rep in the same folder and i followed the procedure

when i reached point 4) which is “select working folder” when i selected, it took me to Microsoft Visual Basic and throwed an error saying
“Complie error: Can’t find project or Library”

Please help me or suggest to proceed further.

Thanks
Srikanth

Hi,

It looks that some library is missing in the references.

Do it again and when you get to the point where you get the error message, go to menu Tools -> References and check which library is not available. There should be written "MISSING: " in the References - Project dialog. Then let us know which library it is.

Hi,

I repeated the steps again, when i got the same error at particular point to check the references under tools menu, reference selection is disabled after i say OK to the error message.

Regards
Srikanth

I have tried to achieve the required results with help of Report provided in XI r2 it worked fine.

Regards
Srikanth

Yes, because some of the libraries referenced in the project are from (belong to) BO XI r2. So if you want to run the same VBA code in BO XI 3, then some libraries need to be changed.

Hi Mark,

Thanks to you for the reply.

But how can i identify to know the missing libraries? the reference under tools menu is disabled :frowning:

I am not sure what to do in this case :?

Hi Marek,

Really Thanks alot for the replies & response and you are very helpfull. :slight_smile:

Please update this thread if you find out anything…Meanwhile i will try my best to achieve it…

Regards

Srikanth