BusinessObjects Board

System Reboot Frequency - Poll

We have had several issues lately where reports have been failing and we resolved them by rebooting all of our Business Objects servers. (We are currently on BI4.2sp8, no patches). I know over the past years that I have seen posts where users mention they perform regular reboots. I am interested in what other users are doing related to rebooting their systems. We currenlty reboot all of our servers weekly. If the options below don’t fit what you do, feel free to mention it in the comments.

• Daily
  • Weekly
  • Monthly
  • Only when I have to
  • More than Weekly but less than Daily

0 voters

Thank you for your participation. :slight_smile:

Do full server reboots monthly when applying Windows updates. Will reboot if there are system issues – lots of reports failing, users can’t login, etc.

But… I have scripts to restart the WIPS, Auditing APS, and AJS every night. WIPS b/c our system isn’t idle enough for auto recycling so it ends up crashing b/c the resources are never cleared out. (Have it set to 20 min to match auto-log out which users already complain about being too short.) Auditing APS and AJS b/c Auditing randomly stops writing to the Audit dbase and the only way to get it to resume is to restart the services.

2 Likes