BusinessObjects Board

Supervisor user is locked

Hi all,
I have tried everithing and more of what I found on this issue and it is still not working.
First of all, I did enter 3 time wrong password.
When I’m trying to log into BO, I have this error message (my business object is in french) “votre identifiant a été desactivée par le superviseur”. In english it is something like " User has been disabled by supervisor".
We tried a lot of thing in database: OBJ_M_ACTOR , here is the status now:
M_ACTOR_ID=2
M_ACTOR_N_TYPE=16
M_ACTOR_N_LEVEL=4
M_ACTOR_C_NAME=‘Supervisor’
M_ACTOR_C_PASSWORD = ‘’
M_ACTOR_N_AUDIT=1
M_ACTOR_N_LAD = 1313178832
M_ACTOR_N_LAT = 4
M_ACTOR_N_STATUS=1
M_ACTOR_N_ENDING = 0
M_ACTOR_N_CNTDOWN = 0

So when I’m trying to log in, don’t enter password and it is still saying “votre identifiant a été desactivée par le superviseur”. After failed login, M_ACTOR_N_STATUS=128.

I don’t know what to do else… I need you help.

I also tried to increase M_ACTOR_N_CNTDOWN =1 and try again, but it reset to 0.

Thank you

Jolyane Tremblay

Jolyane (BOB member since 2012-07-25)

check this thread:

https://bobj-board.org/t/76026

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Hi,
I just did what the “topics” says and I still have the same problem.

I did
Select * from BOREP6.OBJ_M_ACTOR
where M_ACTOR_N_ID = 2;
Resultset was only “supervisor”

Then,
UPDATE
BOREP6.OBJ_M_ACTOR
SET
M_ACTOR_C_PASSWORD = NULL,
M_ACTOR_N_STATUS = 1
WHERE
M_ACTOR_N_ID = 2;

commit;

Validate the update with the select and it was ok. Tried to log into BO and I got the same error message “votre identifiant a été desactivée par le superviseur”. In english it is something like " User has been disabled by supervisor".

Then I looked into the status field and it was now at 128.

Please help
Thank you
Jolyane

Something is screwy. You said that its m_actor_n_type is 16. That indicates that the actor is a group, not a user. If you changed it from 1, then try changing it back to 1 (along with the other changes you made to the password and status fields).

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Hi Joe,
m_actor_n_type is at 16 since the begining I guess because I did not change it. Do you think I can try to change it anyway?
Thank you
Jolyane

well… are you certain that that’s a user that you’re working with, and that you don’t have a group named “supervisor”?

Yess, We all use Supervisor to log in since long time… That’s why i’m not understanding why it is a group! :wink:

Hmm.

Well, if it were me, I would change it to see what happens.

Ok, now I have a different error message “identifiant est incorecte” USR0003 (in english this error could be incorec user).

Jolyane

I just checked an old 6.5 repository that I had. The values for m_actor_n_type are 1 for groups and 16 for users. This is the opposite of what’s in the Repository Reference for 6.5 (see what I get for believing the documentation). So, I’m sorry for sending you astray.

After resetting the m_actor_n_status to 1, were you getting Password errors until it locked out again? If so, there’s another thing you can try: if you know the password for any other user, copy that user’s m_actor_c_password into the record for supervisor. Then log in with that password.

Joe

I reset the m_actor_n_status to 16, like it was at the begening. I still have the same error message “votre identifiant a été desactivée par le superviseur”. In english it is something like " User has been disabled by supervisor" and the status field is now at 128.

I don’t have any other user/password to use to connect into B/O. I really need to log with Supervisor.
I have tried with a test user to reset the password, but it is not working. I got a USR0003 error message “identifiant est incorecte” USR0003 (in english this error could be incorec user).

Thanks for your help
Jolyane

Ok, running out of options here.

What’s the error that you get after resetting the status but before it gets disabled?

I have this error since a tried 3 wrong password: “votre identifiant a été desactivée par le superviseur”. In english it is something like " User has been disabled by supervisor"

Even if i’m changing any status or whatever, I always had this error message.

Hi,

Once the status of the disabled user is 128, try running this update:

update OBJ_M_ACTOR 
   set M_ACTOR_C_PASSWORD = '', 
       M_ACTOR_N_LAD = ((sysdate-to_date('15-12-1970','dd-mm-yyyy'))*24*3600), 
       M_ACTOR_N_LAT = 4, 
       M_ACTOR_N_STATUS = M_ACTOR_N_STATUS - 127, 
       M_ACTOR_N_ENDING = 1 
where M_ACTOR_C_NAME = '...BO username...' 

You need to change the BO username in the WHERE condition. If your BO repository is NOT hosted in an Oracle database, then you need to change also the part with “(sysdate-to_date(‘15-12-1970’,‘dd-mm-yyyy’)”.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi,
I now have user and password of another user. I found out how to unluck a regular user (into Supervisor application) Supervisor user is not a regular user… I don’t see it into the list of user… Where can I find it and unlock it? Maybe my user don’t have right to do it? What can I do/update to give him the good right to unlock?

Thank you
Jolyane

From what I remember, only a General Supervisor can unlock a General Supervisor.

Did you try Marek’s solution above?

Or, did you try copying the m_actor_c_password from your known user to the supervisor?

You can change a regular user to a General Supervisor in the repository, but it’s more work. This is done in obj_m_actorlink. You have to find the row in that table where m_actl_n_actorid = the user ID that you want to change (m_actor_n_id from obj_m_actor). Then change its m_actl_n_actortype to 2 (“general supervisor”). Note that a General Supervisor is only (supposed to be) associated with the top-level group, so forcing a regular user to be a GS might screw things up.