BusinessObjects Board

Sum Issue on one of the Measures

Data Source: BW

I have a report where it is sectioned by Operations Manager. The report also have Input Controls (for Measure 1-Budget; Measure 2-Savings) with default value of greater than or equal to 0. End users can change the values there but not to less than 0.

A section is composed of 3 blocks:
Table 1: Branch Summary
Table 2: Branch Details
Table 3: Graph

Table 2 does not have any issue with returning the data (i.e. calculation of measures).

Table 1 and 3 however, are both returning wrong calculation on Measure 1 but not on Measure 2. Measure 1 is the summation of Budget. Measure 2 is summation of Savings. When I enter a value on one of my Input Controls (e.g. >= 3000), both tables are showing an updated Measure 2 based on values I entered, but Measure 1 remains the same (i.e. bypassing the values I entered on the Input Control).

What I have noticed: When I add details to Table 1 (i.e. add Customer Name dimension), the sum of budget is working correctly. If I took it out, then it’s not working the right way again. Since this is a summary table, I do not need to have the Customer Name included there.

Any suggestions to display correct summation for Measure 1 on Tables 1 and 3?

ruthie16 (BOB member since 2015-11-19)