BusinessObjects Board

Strange issues with WEBI/BCA Administrator Tool

Hi Everyone,

Since last week I have been having this strange issue on our BO server. When I try to log into either WEBI Administrator Tool or BCA Administrator tool, all it says is “Connecting to the Cluster Manager” but is unable to get in. Its not that I used a wrong USRNAME/PASSWORD because I was able to get into the Administrator tool before. The status bar at the bottom of the Administrator Tool shows “Applet Started” but just couldn’t get in.

However our BCA and WEBI are just working fine. I can even log into BCA console of all the monitored Broadcast Agents. Its just the Administrator tool for WEBI and Broadcast Agent don’t seem to work at all.

We have only one BO server which is defined as Cluster Manager and there are no other Cluster Nodes.

Operating System of the Server is MS Windows 2000 SP 4. We are using BO 5.1.3 and WEBI 2.6

If anybody had faced this problem before or if any body has any suggestions/solutions please let me know. Any help in this direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Edyl

edyl (BOB member since 2005-10-03)

It could be that you use a different account for the admin tool than the one which is used directly by BCA and WebI. I’ve done that in the past. And if someone has changed your account password - then that would explain why you can’t get in but everything else is still working.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I restarted the BO Server and now it seems to work fine. I guess it was to do something with the O/S of the server and some times I feel that its just ticking for the big bang.

But again thanks for your suggestion

edyl

edyl (BOB member since 2005-10-03)

[Moderator Note: Moving from General Discussion to Web Intelligence 1.x/2.x Servers.]

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)