BusinessObjects Board

SP4.1 Patch 1 - Date Prompt Issue (SAP CONFIRMED BUG)

I haven’t solved my problem yet… Still waiting on a server from my network guys so that I can properly test patches.

After the last time patching on our LIVE server and the issues it caused, I gave them an ultimatum… we stay on 4.1 SP1 forever, or they get me a development server to properly test patches… Still waiting on the patch server :slight_smile:

Ohh and according to them, “I’ll have it by the end of the week…”. I stopped holding my breath a few months ago.

Therefore still on 4.1 SP1 for now.

JPetlev (BOB member since 2006-11-01)

our prompt issues, although a little different, were solved by the application of 4.1 SP3.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

We had the same problem.
As suggested I changed my WebI preferences to use “Applet” for both view and modify and the problem has been resolved, at least for my version of WebI.

BradO (BOB member since 2014-06-25)

Brad,

Welcome to B :mrgreen: B!

The issue does not affect the applet only the HTML veiwer here. You might want to test the scheduling as I suspect you will see the issue there.
Our issue was resolved by applying SP3.

I am in BI 4.1 SP02 and I have the same issue.

Does anyone resolved this problem or the only way to fix this issue is to install SP3 ?

Thanks

jcorrales (BOB member since 2011-04-27)

For a possible workaround, the Java Application server hosting BI Launchpad can be set to run using the UTC timezone to prevent time offsets in the prompt.

There is a post on the SAP site somewhere that has a little more detail.

This says to alter the time setting in Tomcat:

Tito (BOB member since 2012-04-04)

We have installed 4.1 SP04. Post install everything worked fine and suddenly 10 days back this prompt issue has surfaced. Our issue is slightly different. We select date using calendar. If I select 01/01/2014 to 10/01/2014 for 10 days results, it gives me 10 months results.

All settings on server, client systems are set for UK date time as well as locale on user preferences.

we tried everything with no luck. Planning to install Fix Pack 4 released on 31/10/2014.

Did anyone face this? If yes what was the solution?

Piyush
:hb:

piyushvd (BOB member since 2005-05-18)

Have you looked at permanant regional formatting, when saving a report

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3414623

Cant see the fix for that in 4.1 SP4 FP4?

https://bobj-board.org/t/212450

Hi Mak,

We did that but with no result.

It’s funny, does not make sense as how it started suddenly.

Now all reports 1200+ have gone for a toss.

Regards

Piyush

The only thging that has “changed” recently would be day light savings.

I cannot understand either what may have caused this unless there have been other upgrades to other parts of the system you do not know about.

Anything else you can suggest to resolve it. Any work-around. One of the expert on another discussion has suggested to set UTC in Apache java property and check.

We will be trying this out, but not very sure.

Thanks in advance

Piyush

We set UTC to “fix” the error mentioned earlier in this thread, please read the earlier posts and links. We changed this back once we had applied SP3 where the issue was fixed.

Hi Mak,

Sorry for delayed reply. We did that in Tomcat java configuration as well but result remains same. What is funny is that this problem is coming only in the single source UNX based reports and not in multisource UNX based reports.

We did set the PVL in CMC as well but with no success.

We are at loss of ideas.

:hb:

SAP instead of fixing bugs creates new problems with SP/FP and we are at receiving end from customers.

Anyone please give a helping hand to our boat in a storm.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush

Hi Guys,

I have posted my issue with greater details and steps in

BI 4.1 SP4 with Fix Pack 4 - Problems with WEBI report & so as not to confuse and mix-up versions.

Request your kind attention to have a look at it and advise.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush

Mak, Can you confirm that this issue was fixed in 4.1 SP3? We are currently on 4.0 SP8 and SAP support told us that they are aware of the bug but there was no solution implemented. Are the SAP support people wrong?

The Rich Client workaround only works for refreshing the report, how about scheduling?

MoonDragn (BOB member since 2004-05-12)

Apparently so, I say this as I only have the admins word they did reverse the UTC setting change / workaround as I advised.

However, I can confirm that SAP advised us to apply SP3, to resolve it, in the 1st place.

That’s strange. SAP told us this was a known bug and they currently don’t have a solution for it. I can’t see the links posted about the issue because I don’t have the SAP support login as our administrator is the one dealing with them.

MoonDragn (BOB member since 2004-05-12)

Hi,

Please help if you are able to resolve the issue? we are facing the same issue … we are migrating from 3.1 to BI 4.1 SP5 but still that issue is not resolved in this patch.

In one of forum mentioned that we need to add “-Duser.timezone = UTC” under Java tab in Tomcat configuration but still it is not working.

Please let me know if we are missing anything. Please treat this as urgent.

Thanks all!!!

santhosh.tl (BOB member since 2006-09-18)

Hi!

We have opened an incident with high priority
We use 4.1 SP6 Patch3 it is the newest one and the Problem still exists…
In this days it is very interesting that a Company like SAP is not able to solve such an issue permanently…

If i hear anything of the Support guys i will tell you…
regards
tom

TomSnizer (BOB member since 2013-01-29)