BusinessObjects Board

Slow Publications in BO 4.2

Hi,

We have an issue where a single report is scheduled with a publication. The report itself takes about 10 seconds to run and we are sending to about 10 email addresses - so not many!

The publication however takes at least 5-10 minutes to run. The BO system itself is at very low utilisation (only about 10 reports and a few publications) so we can’t figure out why they are so slow.

We have “One database fetch” checked.
“Deliver Objects to each users” is unchecked
There is no dynamic recipient list used; email addresses are currently entered in manually in the “desintations” page.

Does the unchecked setting make a difference? (What exactly is this setting for?)

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thx

fghs_1987 :uk: (BOB member since 2008-01-02)

A few questions from my side:
Is this Crystals Reorts or Webi?
Are you exporting to PDF?
What is the load on the Server (Windows or *Nix), which is hosting SAP BI BusObjects with respect to CPU & RAM?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi there!

Webi report (1)
Exporting to PDF and some to XLS
CPU is at about 80% when a publication runs
RAM is very low (14 Gb out of 24)

For my curiosity, do you know what “Deliver Objects to Each User” means?

Thanks!

fghs_1987 :uk: (BOB member since 2008-01-02)

How big it is the output? For example, if you are creating a 20Mb Excel spreadsheet from a Webi report that can have a 10 minute overhead, which won’t be visible on the database. I have one client with a situation like that, they then email the report out - and it takes a further 10 minutes to arrive. If the CPU is that high it ‘feels’ like a large report.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)