BusinessObjects Board

Slow login on custom web front-end to replace infoview

Webi 2.7

Logging in to infoview, it takes 2-3 seconds for the page to come up after hitting the OK button on the login dialog box.

However, our company deemed that Infoview did not have the appropriate look and feel so a customized web front-end was outsourced. Logging in to the front-end, however takes a lot longer than through Infoview. The login time varies from 20 seconds to 2 minutes, but on average it takes 25-30 seconds.

I don’t know what BO component/engine gets used by the custom front-end but for those who has created a similar front-end is our login time normal?

From what I gather the customized front-end first checks to see what group the user belongs to so that it only displays the reports accessible to that group.

I’ve also noticed a difference in the amount of time a report gets generated between infoview and the custom front-end. The custom usually 30 - 40% slower.

Does anyone have any ideas why or what can be done to speed things up?

TIA-

srt6 (BOB member since 2003-09-17)

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I am having the same issue where my “replacement” page is taking 15-20 seconds to load for a plain basic html text analytic. Performance is only getting worse as time goes on.

Jamolie (BOB member since 2005-09-07)