BusinessObjects Board

Size of .unv

Hi,
I moved universe from build region to test environment.
I want to compare the 2 universes. I want to avoid manual comparision of the universes.
Can comparision of .unv size be one of the steps in comparision?
Is it reliable?

-Manvi

manvinder_singh (BOB member since 2005-10-12)

I dont think so. In my case even when I export the universe to a server and then import the universe back the size is different from the original version of the universe.
The better way may be to use repository to do that. You can find information related to Classes, objects, tables, aliases, joins etc in the repository. Perhaps you can find some utility at BOB’s download which can do it for you.

salam :pakistan: (BOB member since 2005-01-27)

I think there is post from Dwayne, Which is a small application in VBA written by Dwayne, When you execute it, it will bring all the classes, objects, conditions etc from a Universe to a Excel file.

In this way, if you bring all of the data in Excel files, then it would be very easy to compare the contents of the objects.

If I find that post I will post it here

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Moved from Reporter to Designer forum.

Please, folks, do read the forum descriptions. If it’s not related to building queries and reports, it doesn’t go in the Reporter forum. Thanks.

Now back to your ongoing Designer discussion. 8)

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thanks.
If you get hold of the utility details please let me know about it.

manvinder_singh (BOB member since 2005-10-12)

There are 3rd party software like the Version Manager marketed by InfoSol can compare universes.

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

multicube :india: (BOB member since 2005-09-28)