BusinessObjects Board

Show multiple data from VLookup in Excel

Hello, I have a dashboard that is using a stacked bar chart to show data related to a day of the month that is selected by the dashboard user. When they select a month, i.e. January, it will show the pieces of work completed in January. I am using a V_Lookup to deliver the data related to the month chosen and showing it for each day of the month.

problem is the V_Lookup only shows the first occurenc of data, so if i have 3 pieces of work done on January 25th, it will only shoe the first piece of work.

I tried an Excel formula that uses “ROW” with a +1 to deliver the additional data, but Excelsius says that it cannot use the ROW function.

Anyone have a similar issue and how did you manage it?

Cobra75007 (BOB member since 2016-09-23)

Filtered rows component? That will select multiple rows which match the one chosen.

Debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

DO you mean to use the Excel filter function? How would I do that in Xcelsius? I need it to be dynamic based on a variable that the user is choosing.

No - filtered rows within xcelsius. Sorry - haven’t done it for a while - it isn’t an actual component but an insertion type for whatever selector component you use. On your component (eg: radio button), use the data insertion type of Filtered Rows.

Do a search in this group for more info, but this should get you started: Select Multiple Excel rows

Debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

thanks debbie. ill have a look