BusinessObjects Board

Setting up Office 365 email destination in Edge

Hello folks,
I am very much a newbie to the Business objects application. The company is currently using a really old version of Business objects (edge series Product: 12.1.0). Though this is old, they have Office 365 and I need to setup the reports to be delivered via email automatically. Do i update the Destination job server or the Adaptive job server or desktop intelligence job server? All 3 of them have the Destination option for email. Any recommendations on how to achieve this ?

Pardon me, if this is BO 101, but i’m still learning.

Welcome @oldie !
Release 12.1.0 (XIR2) is out since 2005 right ? :sweat_smile: I have found this SAP Note about email configuration:

https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/en/2684855

We cannot copy paste KB article here, but there is no support of Office 365 on XIR2, XI3 or BI4.0 for email destination.

Upgrade the product is not an option, right ?

Thank you Julien. Will go through the note. Upgrade does look like an option, but its going to take a while, Too many free hand sql reports and universe reports were developed. So migration is out of the question. A complete redesign will be needed.

An email is an email, no? How does Office365 can affect that? I am a bit lost here.

Or perhaps you mean an email/exchange server through which BOBJ sends emails?

Business Objects uses SMTP to send email. The client that receives the email shouldn’t matter.

If I remember correctly from version XIR2, you should configure the email on all three of the servers with a destination service running on them.

12.1 should be XI R3.1
and yes - add email as destination for all 3types of servers and set a params for smtp server

the easiest is if there is an anonymous one ( fqdn:25 )
although there are enough fields for authentication