BusinessObjects Board

Service not available

We are running BO 5.1.7 InfoView 5.1.7 WebI 2.7.3. Starting yesterday, our users are no longer able to login via ZABO
We can get to the Login screen of Webi, but then after clicking on Log In receive a message that states ‘Service not available Please contact your administrator’
I have been on the phone with BO Tech support for 2 days as well as speaking with out installation vendor. Still no solution. No one in the company can login.

Any ideas?

Huder (BOB member since 2005-09-16)

I’d recommend shutting down webi and rebooting the server.

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Server has been re-booted. A new BOMain.key has been generated. Various log files indicate that wiqt.exe is not initiated so that portion of the login process does not take place. Everything seems to point to iswi.dll no runnign correctly. Unfortunately, I cannot dig into this to find out what service (or portion ) is not runnign correctly.

This isses was resolved by BO customer support. The responded within 30 mins. Very Impressive.

I encountered the same issue and solved it with the following steps:

Open IIS and open the WebIntelligence Website.

Right-click over the WI virtual directory and select “Properties” from the menu that appears.

Change Execute Permissions to “Scripts and Executables”.

Change Application Protection to “Low (IIS Process)”.

Stop the WebIntelligence Services.
Stop the WebIntelligence Website in IIS.
Start the WebIntelligence Services.
Start the WebIntelligence Website in IIS.

· Test Logging into WebIntelligence.

If you are still having trouble, open IIS.
Go to Properties of the WI Directory.
Click the Directory Security tab.
Left-click the “Edit” Button. This will display the Authentication methods for the virtual directory. In most instances of WebIntelligence, you should only use the Allow Anonymous Access. Make sure that none of the other check boxes are enabled for the authentication methods.

There is a document “Configuring Internet Information Server 5 Manually for Web Intelligence ASP” on http://www.techsupport.businessobjects.com and it describes some of these settings.

Fud (BOB member since 2006-02-23)