BusinessObjects Board

Servers Missing Slow CMC and Launchpad Following Restore

Hi,

We have restored our Production Env into QA
* Copied CMS and deleted PARENT_ID 16 AND 59
* Restored FRS
* Created new Node in CCM Successfully (After Pointing to restored DB)

Following this restore, I started newly created SIA, Environment is very slow (CMC and Launchpad) and Servers CMC Screen shows an empty page.

I have tried a repair, several reboots and also DFO ticket recommendation but behavior is same.

Did anyone faced this issue.
Our Env

• BUSOBJ 3.2 SP8
  • SQL Server 2019 (2008 compatible)

Thanks for your help !!

The few times that I ever did this, I didn’t need to go through all the steps that your did.

We just took a copy of the database and filestore that we needed to restore and pointed an existing server to them. We didn’t have any issues but all we were trying to do was recover some reports and report instances that had been deleted from the main environment.

Thanks John, but did you need to create a new SIA or just used the existing one and repointed it to the copy database ?

I used the existing one and repointed it to the copy database.

But Clusters are different I am not sure this work. Thanks John!

It may not if you are actually trying to do a fully functional recovery, as in disaster recovery. I had issues as well when we attempted a disaster recovery exercise.

Our problem is that for an unknown reason Encryption Key in Test Environment is no longer working with the Test database. So I am trying to recover Prod into QA.

However this issue is blocking from proceed. Any help would be appreciated (would like avoid completely reinstalling the software)

Thanks