BusinessObjects Board

Server Administrator Login error

We recently imaged and created new servers of our Business Objects 5.1.7 environment for migration.
Post this, I am not able to logon to the administrator console and it typically hangs. We are running WebI 2.7

I have tried assigning IP address and port number to one of the files mentioned in the post but that didnt help either. The old server has not IP address or port number listed but it allows a perfect login.

Is there a way I can find the port number for this?

I have also tried renaming one of the .ddl files as mentioned in another post and restarting the WebI and IIS servers, no effect.

Can someone please suggest something else?

fyi - the id I am using is local admin and the servies are running with that id and it has security policy set correctly.

Thanks
Bhavin

Bhavin :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-22)

Are you trying to log into the administrator console from the server itself, or remotely via a browser and the URL?

If via a browser – is it possible that you have a firewall rule that’s preventing you from accessing the server, or that you have a different version of Java than what is supported for this version?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Anita thanks for your reply.

I am logged on to the server and have tried it from my desktop too. ON the server I have tried doing a Launch Administrator from the WebI icon on the bottom right hand corner of task bar and also tried using Administrator.exe

When I use Administrator.exe, it does come back and says Can’t connect to cluster manager.

Just to add, I was with BO support yesterday half day trying to get a resolution and what was pointed out to me was that gatekeeper.exe and jre.exe are two process that are not running on my server and that could be the reason, they are yet to tell me how to start those though.

Bhavin :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-22)