BusinessObjects Board

Security on report instances in Open folder

Hello,
I’ve a folder called “Folder_A” which is open with View on demand access to over 100 of user groups. Users come here open report and refresh, pretty simple.
We recently encountered some report scheduled and several daily instances left available for entire user community. These instances contain sensitive information that cannot be shared from one group to the other. Our data source is BW/BEx. Is there a way we can control “Folder_A” report instances so people who do not have appropriate data access should not the see report data and only people with proper data access should see it?
Here is the real scenario:
User_1 from group_1 has data_source1 (BW/BEx) access. So he creates a report_1 and saves it to “Folder_A” without any data. User_2 from group_1 with data_source1 access comes to Folder_A and schedules report_1 with several report_1 instances. Now, users from other 100 of groups (like group_5, group_10) finds the report and instances without data_source1 access. They can see all sensitive data created by User_2 report instance.
Is there a way I can handle this scenario without creating separate folders and assigning access for each 100 of user groups? 97% of reports in Folder_A contains non-sensitive data and that’s why the Folder_A was set to open to all user communities. We recently discovered the sensitive data issue.

Please share if there is a fix or work around.

Thanks

zulu1900 (BOB member since 2005-07-27)

It may not be a perfect solution for you, but BI4.2 SP06 now includes “view-time filtering”. This can be used to apply a a Business Security Profile to data in a report when it is opened, not just when it is refreshed.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Joe,
That sounds like what I’m looking for, but we are in SP3. Is there anything similar available for SP3?
Regarding “view-time filtering” in BI4.2 SP06, do you have a link, would like to get some background?

Thanks

zulu1900 (BOB member since 2005-07-27)

There is more info in the SP06 What’s New: https://blogs.sap.com/2018/06/19/sap-bi-4.2-sp6-whats-new-in-web-intelligence-and-semantic-layer/

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)