BusinessObjects Board

Search Filter in Xcelsius

I am working for a bank and we have more than 80 branches. Management would like to have a look on branch performance. I have designed a dashboard using the combo box to filter for a branch. But combo box does not allow to search for a branch, need to scroll to select the branch, it is very difficult to scroll for more than 80 list of values.

Is there any component or workaround to get search facility in dashboard.

Please help.

sk_sadiq (BOB member since 2007-09-17)

Depends on what data connections you are using. If it was me, I’d use a text input component and get the user to input the first few characters. Then I’d append a wildcard character and go find the relevant branch in the database and return it to screen. Get the user to confirm this is the right one and then fetch the data based on that value. But I get my data via SQL fired directly at the database. Not sure how you’d do it with other data connections.

Debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

Thank you for your reply.

I am looking for runtime suggestion dropdown box(like google)… Unfortunately your provided example does not meet the requirement.

Any other solutions??

sk_sadiq (BOB member since 2007-09-17)

What are the locations of the banks? Hopefully several states, regions, or cities. Maybe use geo location to narrow the pick list? Maybe drill-through maps. If the banks provide different services… maybe bank type? What other way can they be grouped or reduced into small pick lists?

datawizard (BOB member since 2015-01-20)