BusinessObjects Board

SDK Benefits

Hi,

I am new to SDK and trying to understand what benefits or smart features can we come up with using this?
It will be great if someone can give some examples of what they have implemented in their reports using SDK.
Thanks.

Vrush27 (BOB member since 2010-12-08)

I would spend some time looking at the questions in this forum and more importantly the answers - that should give you a good idea of what is possible, what people are asking frequently and also what perhaps can’t be done.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Among many other things, I have written a program that pulls all kinds of information out of the CMS database about all of the objects in the system including:

Access Levels
Users
User Groups
Inboxes
Personal Folders and their contents
Public Folders and their contents
Schedules
Universes
Connections
Security for all of the above
Application security.

As a consultant, I use this program to do security reviews and upgrade/migration assessments for my clients.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

Thanks.
Are there any ways that we can automate certain tasks by using SDK?

or if we can make better visualizations using SDK?

Vrush27 (BOB member since 2010-12-08)

You can definitely automate tasks using the BI Platform and/or RESTful Web Services SDKs. For visualizations, it depends on which tool you’re using, but most of them have SDK’s as well. If you’re using Design Studio/Lumira, there are a lot of visualization types that are available for free that have been created by a couple of folks from the SAP Community Network (SCN). You can get to them through this URL: https://blogs.sap.com/2014/12/10/scn-design-studio-sdk-development-community/

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)