BusinessObjects Board

Scheduling Publication Goes to Success But no email sent 4.1

Hi,

May be I’m doing something wrong as I’ve seen same issue in 3.1 and now seeing it in 4.1.

I use publications to email reports out were the user wants the file as 2 different formats xls and pdf, so I create publication and just add the report and in 2 formats, create and save, I then go and schedule the publication to run and email out. In 3.1 I found if I left the ‘Enterprise Recipients’ blank the report would run and go to success but no email was sent, if I then rescheduled and add Administrator as an ‘Enterprise Recipients’ the email would get sent out this time.

I thought it was a bug in 3.1 so didn’t really look into it, but now I’m seeing the same issue in 4.1, job goes to success but no email sent. Is this how its supposed to work, do you need at least 1 ‘Enterprise Recipients’ for any publication to email out ?

thanks

Fiona :uk: (BOB member since 2002-12-16)

It sounds like it will be sending the email the email address associated with the administrator account in that case. If you want to email the publication contents to an enterprise users associated email address, just select those users. If they arent enterprise users, you have to use dynamic recipients.

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Thanks, from what your saying I do have to have at least 1 ‘Enterprise Recipients’ or ‘Dynamic Recipients’, for the email to go out ? What I found in 3.1 is I can put 10 names in the ‘To’ when I schedule the report but if I leave the ‘Enterprise Recipients’ blank nothing is sent, yet if I only add the Administrator as the ‘Enterprise Recipients’ and keep the other 10 names on to ‘To’, the email goes out to all those 10 names.

Fiona :uk: (BOB member since 2002-12-16)

Same problem here. Please let me know if you found a workaround.

Richard_YUL (BOB member since 2019-08-21)

Just add one user to the Enterprise-recipients (doesn’t matter which one). In the destinations add the email-adresses(es) you want the report to be sent to.

RikDeclercq :belgium: (BOB member since 2006-09-28)