BusinessObjects Board

Scheduling a crystal report via Infoview

Hi all,

I have some crystal reports which are run via Infoview. The report structure is a main summary report with a link to a subreport. The reports have some parameters which are passed onto the subreport as well.

Now when I’m scheduling the reports in Infoview and go to the Parameter section, each parameter is shown to have multiple slots for the value as can be seen in the screenshot attached.

When I click on the ‘edit’ button, it will only ask for 1 parameter and only the first ‘EMPTY’ slot is filled in with the selected value. The rest is still shown as ‘EMPTY’. The report still runs ok but the extra EMPTY slots are misleading and confuses the business users.

Does anyone know what those extra slots are and how to rid of them? Thanks heaps!

ivan
infoview parameter.jpg

ivan (BOB member since 2004-10-04)

From looking at this, is it correct to assume that you have the parameters defined in all of your subreports as well as in the main report?

I would take the parameters out of the subreports and put them all in the main report. Then use the parameters as part of the “Links” to the subreport. If the parameter isn’t a part of the selection criteria for the subreport, use it as a link anyway and then delete it from the selection criteria in the subreport. It will show up as a parameter in the subreport with the same name as in the main report but with “pm-” at the front of the name. You can then access the parameter values in the subreports using the names with the “pm-” prefix.

I haven’t specifically tested this recently, but I believe that InfoView does not display the subreport parameters that are links from the main report.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)