BusinessObjects Board

Scheduled reports failing intermittently after 5 hours

Hi,

I have a report scheduled which failed intermittently with an error - Error Code = 0x800706be, Error Message = ‘The remote procedure call failed.’, WCode = 0x00000000, Description = '(null).

This is mostly related to reports getting timed out. The reports are quite large (250Mb+ in pdf format). I have checked for the BCA parameters but all the parameters seems to be quite enough except for Timeout for batch action which is 300 mins.

These reports fail after a duration of 5 hours only. Can anyone suggest if this paramater could be an issue. If yes, how?

Amy_Vikram :india: (BOB member since 2011-10-15)

Hi,

It can be an issue. 300 minutes = 5 hours. And the parameter is for timing out batch action, i.e. reports scheduled through BCA.

Try increasing this parameter to see if it helps.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks for the prompt response Merek :). A little delay in response from my end as I started to test this and these reports were quite large :roll: . You were right on this issue and when I changed the Batch timeout action =8 hrs and report ran fine till then :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the reason :thumbsup:

You’re welcome. Glad it helped. 8)

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Batch Action parameter was likely the only course of action we had here to ensure reports run within the allotted timeframe between mainframe batches… :smiley: