BusinessObjects Board

Schedule SFTP Destination in Azure Blob Storage

Hi everyone. I’m trying to set a report schedule with an SFTP Server Destination in Azure Blob Storage. I’ve read through Fingerprints for SFTP Destinations in SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1
and Ted mentions that the BI Platform expects a ‘SHA-1’ hash for the fingerprint.

From what I can tell, the SFTP to Blob feature requires an ‘SHA2’ type algorithm. My scheduled reports are failing due to SSH handshake failures, which I’m assuming is due to the mismatch of the BI Platform requiring an SHA-1 hash. In other words, I’m not able to provide a fingerprint that both sides are able to exchange due to different algorithm types.

I’m not even close to a security expert, but wondering if someone can tell me if they’ve either been able to successfully schedule reports via SFTP to Azure Blob Storage or if my assumptions are correct and I won’t be able to get this to work based on the ‘algorithm issue’.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

In case anyone else lands here. SHA-2 is available beginning with version 4.3 SP02. I guess I’ll have to wait for our vendor to upgrade.

SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 SP02 – BI Platform : What’s New | SAP Blogs