BusinessObjects Board

Schedule failing: file not found on File Repository Server

Hi,

I have several scheduled reports failing at random - the error message says “file xxxx.rep not found on file repository server”. If I reschedule a report that failed like that, it runs fine. Any ideas as to what the problem is? I’ve searched for the error message on BOB but could not find any posts.
Thanks,

Italo

Italo Sessegolo (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

ups -did you reschedule with another user? I think I had trouble once using different users…

Wobi

Wolfgang Bidner :austria: (BOB member since 2002-08-30)

No, they are all scheduled by Administrator… but thanks anyway…

Re-export to Repository may help too :wink:

Wobi

Wolfgang Bidner :austria: (BOB member since 2002-08-30)

If you have access to the FRS folders, you can easily see whether the file is there.

I have noticed some people incorrectly configured a clustered CMS to have their FRS pointing to two different locations - if that’s the case, one certainly could have encountered this kind of behavior - depending on where the job is executed, it might or might not be able to find the file.

newgun :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-01)

Thease are all good sugestions. This is a standalone server, so the clustering FRS location does not apply (good point, though). I guess I’ll just reschedule the recurring schedule and see if that fixes it, and may also import / export the document again. I still wonder what is wrong though… :crazy_face:

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I’m having the same issue.

rb44169 (BOB member since 2006-01-27)

It still happens to us, intermittently with random reports. Sorry…

The way we fix it is to edit the report and re-export it, then reschedule it.

Have you noticed this behavior after a report has been migrated(promoted) from a development environment? Have you submitted a ticket with Business Objects?

I’ve seen this happen when someone does a File -> Save As (instead of File -> Save) then re-exports the report to the repository. If the report is set to run on a recurring schedule, the error surfaces. Scheduling (do not click Reschedule link) the report again corrects the error.

BoB LoblaW :us: (BOB member since 2007-10-23)

We have the error happening for no apparent reasson, even if you do not make any changes to reports or universes. I have still to open a ticket with BO. We thought it might be related to us using the software EQM to promote reports and universes so we held off on opening a ticket with Bo for a while.

I also submitted a ticket for this issue. If I get answer I will share it with you. How long ago did you submit your ticket?

I haven’t opened a ticket yet… Please let me know what you find out.

Thanks,
Italo

Hi,
we got the same issue here. have you found any reason/solution from BO soupport?

Thanks,

mimi (BOB member since 2005-05-06)

am also facing the same issue, please let me know if anyone was able to solve this

ashveenkumar2 (BOB member since 2009-09-19)

Did you guys ever get an answer about the exact root cause for file ***.rep not found on File Repository Server error on InfoView ?

transilvania2009 (BOB member since 2010-04-30)

did you find anything from the tracing enabled on the file repository server

prabhasghosh (BOB member since 2006-09-25)

It depends up on the arcitecture of your BO system.
If you have a clustred CMS acrchitecture with a shared drive cofigred as FRS for all remote ervers, schedules will fail with this error whenever any CMS is isolated from cluster (33407 event).

AS PER MY KNOWLEDGE THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN INTELLIGENCE AND PROCESSING TIERS DEPLOYED ON DIFFERENT PHYSICAL BOXES.

Thanks,
Lee

Leong BO XI (BOB member since 2007-08-09)

Bob was right!!
These reports were replaced by me earlier.
~ce129067044675884b5.rep is a system generated name given for that report and the recurring schedule looks for this .rep

I had Save As first and then exported to repository

When I do this Save As, the report behaves as it is another report now and not the same report, which causes System to generate a new unique name for it instead of replacing the existing ~ce129067044675884b5.rep

And so the old schedule looks for this one and doesn’t find it. The best way to deal with this will be to reschedule the recurring one as soon as the report is replaced so that it looks for the new system generated name.
OR obviously not to Save As and do just Save.

Cheers!

ihaleem9 (BOB member since 2010-09-17)