BusinessObjects Board

Schedule BO Report to run Hourly.

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement to schedule a BO WEBI R4 Report to run daily from Morning 6 am to 9 PM.

The schedule should start by 6 in the morning and end by 9 in the evening and start again next day.

Is there a way to achieve this in Business Objects.

-Swamy

swamy82 (BOB member since 2007-05-08)

The only way I can think of doing this is a schedule for 6am daily, a schedule for 7am daily etc…rubbish but there you go…

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Being able to schedule in windows has been requested functionality all the way back to when this was all called Crystal Enterprise (2000), they`ve still not done anything though!

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

I found a hack way around this issue. Setup a file event in the CMC called hourly, or something like that, and set it to watch for a file. Then have Windows Task Scheduler, or some other scheduling software, run a job to create the flag file, wait 60 seconds and then delete the flag file. This will cause the event to fire every hour within Business Objects.

From here setup a schedule for the report you want to run hourly and have it run every 30 minutes and wait for your event. This should get your report to fire every hour.

As others have mentioned this is not an elegant solution, but at least you only have one schedule instead of a bunch of them. HTH.

-NifflerX

NifflerX (BOB member since 2009-08-09)