Schedule Analysis for Office,wrong date format in attachment

Dear friends,

I’m struggling with Analysis for Office and the date format.

I did the “Enable Native Formatting” and when I run the AfO in my computer, I get dates in the format I need (German-Switzerland)

Like this, I get dates with the format 29.07.2020

But, when I upload the AfO in the Launchpad (Webi Portal) and I schedule it, attached excel in the mail of the schedule shows the date in american formatting.

We have a clustered installation:

1 Linux server for BO 4.2 platform
1 Windows server for Analysis for Office

Do have any clue where has to be set up the format that I need?

Thanks a lot


Victor_BCN :es: (BOB member since 2009-09-15)

maybe some different locale-settings (language, region, date-format) on the server
or different settings on the receiving client-machine
or some additional excel-add-ins on the client computer that will affect the display of the AfO-date (already experienced it myself)

n8aktiv :de: (BOB member since 2018-12-29)

Hi n8aktiv, I tried to change the regional settings in the server (user and server context) and it did not change anything.

But…I upgraded the BIP of the server and then I got the correct format :slight_smile:

Now I struggle with another issue :slight_smile: the dates are not dates but strings…

Victor_BCN :es: (BOB member since 2009-09-15)

there is a configuration-setting in AfO that will switch between text or date:

n8aktiv :de: (BOB member since 2018-12-29)

Yes, the EnableNativeFormatting is done in my local installation and it was done in the server, in the D:\Programme (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Analysis Precalculation\ AO_BiPrecalculation.config

But most probable, this file was overwritten after the BIP upgrade, I need to check that.

Victor_BCN :es: (BOB member since 2009-09-15)