BusinessObjects Board

Saving Report

I am using Business Objects Explorer and have created a filtered report which brings in all the information I need based on my parameters and objects selected.

This was a big undertaking so I’d like to know if this format can be saved as an actual ‘default’ view of my explorer report instead of me reinventing it time after time whenever I log in to it.

di652 (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

Not sure what you mean about a ‘default’ view. But if you want to keep the report you have built you can save or ‘Bookmark’ your report.

This way when you want to retrieve it again you simply open up your IE browser and click on the bookmark you saved.

Of course you will be required to log into Explorer before seeing the report but it will bring you to the same report you saved(bookmarked).

hope this helps

toscajo (BOB member since 2002-09-04)

Thanks, I never thought of simply creating the bookmark.

But it doesn’t look like it saved the way I structured the output dump. It reverted back to the original view of the report. Is this not working in explorer or is it another feature that was not set to be available!!

These features of sometimes it is there and other times it is not and defined as a feature tends to always drive me :crazy_face:

di652 (BOB member since 2005-02-24)