BusinessObjects Board

SAP Lumira Vs Qlikview

Hi All,

I need to showcase to the business on SAP Lumira comparison with its competitors, like Qlikview and Tableau, since they are in an argument on these two self-service tools.

Can someone give me pointers / KPIs based on which I can showcase pros and cons of these three tools (preferred comparison is for the latest versions of each tool). I have been using other SAP products, like xcelsius, webi, design studio etc.

Its a bit urgent, so appreciate your help on this.

sameersac :india: (BOB member since 2008-10-07)

Lumira isnt a competitor to Qlikview\Tableau as such. Maybe if Lumira and Explorer were combined it would be closer, but I wouldnt even run Lumira in the same race. The data manipulation side is too limited, front end design and customisation is too limited. Lumira is good to give to end power users to hack apart and visualise a dataset.

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Hi ABI,

We too have the same scenario in my Organization. Lumira wouldn’t be in the race against Qlickview/Tablaeu even it is enabled with server for BI platform and HANA native connections?

If that is the case, there is no point in bringing-in Lumira suggestion for the projects that currently use Qlickview/Tablaeu as it would decrease the current features available in Qickview/Tablaeu projects. Correct me If I am wrong.

Also if the above is the case, in which area Lumira can be highlighted as we have Explorer, Analysis for Office within SAP already. I am not sure about the key differentiator to recommend Lumira for the customers.

Thanks,
Aashik Sujaudeen

AashikSujaudeen :india: (BOB member since 2015-07-08)