BusinessObjects Board

SAP Lumira 1.29 - Queries

Hello Experts,

We are impressed on Lumira and started exploring its new features, we are using Lumira 1.29…

Here are the features which we are looking for :

1. Filter Prompts – I don’t see this option in compose tab, where the user is prompted for his / her selection, Please let us know if there are any work around for this item

2. Formatting on Axis : Axis scale are shown as 1k, 2k, if we go for Set Axis Scale we see only below option

Is there any way to format the 1k as 1,000 2k as 2,000 etc

1. Sliders and Dials : We are also trying to see if we can have sliders and dials as input controls where as we have combo box and dropdown on the compose tab to improve the interactivity…

As per my analysis, I couldn’t find any appropriate answers for the above queries on any of the blog…

Kindly guide us on this…

Thank you!
Sangeetha

Sakhethram (BOB member since 2012-02-08)

For some of these I think your are misunderstanding the use of Lumira, i.e. its not a dashboarding tool as such that you would pre-can something in, its a tool to give the end user to explore and visualise data. Some answers though.

1. The only filters you can apply are in the compose stage, and are pretty limited. You can drop a dimension\facet\attribute here and use it for filtering the analytics.

2. Ive not seen many formatting options for these, if they arent in the menus, they aren`t there. Again, I think SAP are avoiding too much property page type content to keep the tool simple.

3. Nope, I dont think these are implemented yet, but would expect to see a slider in the future (Lumira gets updates all the time, I think my current knowledge is on v1.28!) as its a good simple to use interaction point.

Again though, I`m not a massive fan of considering Lumira as a rival to Tableau or Qlikview. It kind of plays in the same space but is probably 5 years behind maturity wise. Nice UI though! It would be interesting to see the future of this product with SAP Cloud Analytics coming as it basically kills Lumira Cloud off.

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Thanks a lot!! for your response…

These answers really helps us…

Thanks again
Sangeetha

Sakhethram (BOB member since 2012-02-08)