BusinessObjects Board

SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.3 SP2 Patch 7 - Findings, Testing, Behavior Reports

I’ve started an installation and will do testing.
So far:

When running the following command to create a silent response file, the installer appears to be running the installation instead of creating the response file.
Note: I renamed the downloaded installation file.

BIServers4.3sp2p7.EXE -w D:\BI4.3sp2_Install\BI4.3sp2p7ServerInstall.ini

I have confirmed that the bug we reported with BI4.2sp2 has been resolved with this release.

The bug we reported:
When a report with an Email default destination is configured with the Add Attachment not checked in a source environment, the Add Attachment box is checked after promotion when running the promotion in the BI4.2sp2 environment.

In my testing of BI4.3sp2patch7, the report was promoted without the Add Attachment being checked.

3 Likes

in My case, patch 700 has the following issues unresolved yet:

• 3258571 - When adding a variable which referencing to a variable which contains a Reference object the table vanishes in Web Intelligence
  • 3248296 - Ilegal Argument on web intelligence app
  • 3171236 - BI Cannot Retrieve Converted Universe - SAP ONE Support Launchpad
  • 3069521 - Decimal values are being rounded off to zero when connecting to Netezza from Information Design Tool using server middleware

I have installed BI Support Tool 2.1.13 with an installation of BI4.3sp2 patch 7 and there following alerts are triggering as false positives:

1. APS Initial Heap Size (-Xms) Check
    Checks for -Xms=512m
    Alert is triggered for all APS servers even though this option is set in the command line
  2. StartupCommand - APS Missing “HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError”
    Checks that the command line contains -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
    Alert is triggered even though this command is present in the command line.
  3. DSLBridge CMDLINE Check (-Dbusinessobjects.connectivity.directory)
    Checks the command line on all APS servers with a DSLBridge for the argument “-Dbusinessobjects.connectivity.directory”.
    Alert is triggered even though the command is present.
  4. DSLBridge CMDLINE Check (-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory)
    Checks the command line on all APS servers with a DSLBridge for the argument “-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl”.
    Alert is triggered even though the command is present.

This has been submitted to the BI Support Tool team as a bug.
:lock: Some Alerts Are Triggering False Positive with BI4.3sp2 patch 7 release