BusinessObjects Board

SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 SP02 (SAP BI 4.3 SP2) Released! (well on December 10th!)

Hello All,

In case you have missed it, I wanted to share my blog where I document everything I can think you might want to know regarding the latest release of SAP BI 4.3 SP02.

https://blogs.sap.com/2021/12/14/sap-businessobjects-bi-4.3-sp02-sap-bi-4.3-sp2-released/

I personally think it’s a great release. What are your thoughts? Any real life environments in Production out there already? Or waiting for the magic Patch 1 in January?!

Take care,
Patrick

4 Likes

Hello Patrick,
nice to see you here.

We are not yet on 4.3, but I am eagerly waiting for the IT-team to provide me a new server
on which I can finally test exporting from 4.2 SP6 and importing to 4.3 SP2
and I am looking for a separate PC for the client tools,
as these cannot be installed/used in different versions on the same machine.

Because of the large number of bug fixes since 4.2 SP8 (without any new features!),
it will be reasonable to wait for the Patch 1 :wink:

I heard that Trellis is not included in SP02, what about the other announced features
such as “Micro-Charts”, “Trend Lines”, “Zoom & Pan” ?

Thank you !

Hey Dietmar!

You need to ask your IT team to spin you an AWS EC2 server to play around. My t3.2xlarge is only a few cents per hours. I’m sure they can afford it :laughing:

I like you’re planning a side by side upgrade. For sure the best way to do it without risk and total success.

Although I agree with you to wait for Patch 1, and it’s only a few weeks away anyway, you should be fine with plain BI 4.3 SP02 “Patch 0” for those BI 4.2 SP08 bugs according to the Forward Fit.

I’m afraid I can’t say about Trellis, Micro-Charts, Trend Lines, Zoom & Pan. I’m a server guy more than a Webi guy. I have a call with SAP later today. I’ll ask!

Loaded 4.3 SP2 onto my test server today without any issues. First impressions are very favourable, UI is very responsive. Looking forward to exploring this release in more detail over the next few days.

1 Like

Hi Again,

Feedback from SAP:

“Trellis and Zoom & Pan are planned for SAP BI 4.3 SP3.”

“Microcharts and Trend lines remain in our backlog for the moment.”

“We encourage customers to look at Need4Viz and their ready to use solutions.”

@pperrier you’re everywhere ! Nice to read you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trying to. Every service packs :laughing:

1 Like

Hi Scot (apologies if not your real name!),

We are currently scoping out moving to 4.3 SP2 from 4.2 SP7. We tried an update to 4.3 in the summer but the Modern (Fiori) BI Launch Pad rendered really slowly and gave a poor user experience. At the time we decided to stick with the Classic BI Launch pad UI. I was wondering if you had progressed into production with 4.3 SP2 and was the UI still “very responsive”, any issues/feedback from your users?

Much appreciated,
Mick

Hi Mick,

I am still evaluating 4.3 SP2, juggling a few projects just now, but I can confirm that the Fiori Launchpad is significantly more responsive than in the earlier releases. I’d probably say its at least as responsive as our 4.2 SP7 non-Fiori system.

Cheers

Alistair

1 Like

Hi Alistair,

That’s reassuring news! :slightly_smiling_face:

Really appreciate the prompt feedback. I think we’ll give it go. :+1:

All the best,
Mick

1 Like

We just upgraded to 4.3 sp2 there seems to be alot of bugs, query on query it working some times, upload csv file not working on replace worst of all some reports using fhs corrupted on 4.3sp2 and can’t recover they changed the fhs query panel in this release think it’s that, anyone had similar issues? What I hate about SAP is how they break existing functionality its a joke.

1 Like

I am working on testing that version right now. I haven’t gotten as far as you have yet. One thing I have found that will prevent us from going forward is that all the reports that were promoted over to the 4.3 sp2 environment that had Email as the default destination came over with the “Add Report as Attachment” option checked even though this was not checked in the source environment (4.2sp8).

I’ve not moved schedules yet we did a 4.2 to 4,3 sp2 migration of reports and universes, I’ve got a report now that I am coming to the conclusion will never run in 4.3 sp2, big reports lots of data providers etc 4.3 just cant cope with. The change in FHS screens you get in 4.3 sp2 does seem to break a lot.

even with 4.3 SP2 Patch 400 there are a lot of problems.
suddenly an old error from 2021 reappers (WebI-report on a BW-Query is using wrong logon-language) :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
hopefully most of the errors will be fixed before SP3 coming in December (with great new features and accordingly new errors)

After reading the comments I’m not very keen on upgrading to SAP BO BI 4.3 SP2 but I guess we have no choice (with support ending for BI 4.2).
But the struggle already begins with simply finding the software to download. I can’t find this version in the downloads-section. Anybody facing the same ?

I can see the download for BI4.3sp2 as well as patches up to patch 5 (500).

Thanks John. I guess there’s something wrong with my account.

Hi all,
Can anyone clarify whether existing QAAWS web services will continue to work in BI 4.3 SP02? -despite the introduction of Odata web services.
Thanks!