BusinessObjects Board

SAP Analytics Cloud forum?

Would it make sense to create a brand new forum in BOB dedicated to SAP Analytics Cloud? Would it be useful? Are you guys using SAC and have no issues to discuss?

We plan to start implementing SAC this year. I guess it won’t be painless so having a forum where questions can be asked would be helpful.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Lets do it!

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Do you know who can do it? I don’t have rights to do that.

I can…leave it with me.

Hmmm think I need to do a bit more config…

Bob Junior :uk: (BOB member since 2005-04-23)

Great!

I also run a SAC Group on LinkedIn if it`s any help…

I will point folks in this direction from there (only got 14 members so far though!!).

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Hi,

Can you please post the link to you SAC LinkedIn group?

When you say “Cloud Stuff” I think of this guy

This is Cloud (he is a link, click him).

People are so accustomed to this board that they may not notice the new forum link (second from top on main page). If you add an image in front of the name that says something like “NEW” (in graphics so it stands out) poeple would notice it more.

And may I point you at this site that has a MOD already written that does it. See the demo here (open link and hit refresh a few times). You can trust it, I wrote it (years ago, back when I was doing lots of open source)

kbrazell :us: (BOB member since 2003-08-19)

Hi, we are a bit light on members (like SAC is light on users!!) however, ecosystems have to start somewhere right!?

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13647849/

We can do that…my problem is only Dave has access to see what gifs are available. There is one I know of but it isn’t great…I’ll maybe plug that it and see. The alternative is changing the name temporarily to ‘*** Wow NEW SAP Analytics Cloud’

I visit BOB on a regular basis and I noticed the new forum very quickly.

kevlray :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-23)

Nick, can you please check rights in this new forum? It appears that I can’t moderate posts in the forum. Thank you.

Will do…

I just joined your group. Tried SAC ~ 2 years ago when it was just beginning; ready to give it another try.

charlie :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

I think Ive been a user (SAP partner) its changed a lot since then.

Definitely worth it. I attended a short workshop about SAC yesterday and I was pretty amazed.

So far there have been new releases in SAC every 2 weeks. Now SAP is going to switch to 3-month releases. So there must have been added tons of features in the last 2 years.

My main issues with SAC currently (it is improving quickly) is the modeller. Compared to what you can do in PowerBI its probably got about 10% of the functionality. However, PowerBI isnt Cloud (apart from published docs) so it`s a bit unfair as a comparison. What I find SAC really good at, in terms of the front end, is how quick it is to say, build a chart that compares this year to last year - which restricted measures help out with.

SAP Analytics Cloud & Predictive Analytics Cloud Platform Mostly Technical Discussions

Link Telegram

Thanks for the post @Jim and welcome to B :mrgreen: B

What this topic was referring to was creating a sub forum within the BOB Forum which has been done and can be found here: sap analytics cloud.

1 Like