BusinessObjects Board

Salesforce Real Time Integration

Hi Guys.

Is it possible to fetch data from Salesforce in real time using out of the box adapter. Please can I have link to some documentation if available.

BODS: 4.2 SP5

Regards.
Shaz

Shazin :india: (BOB member since 2011-07-19)

I don’t think you’ll get any direct implementation documentation for real time salesforce integration. Its a custom architecture to extend existing capabilities. This could be a push or a pull from salesforce and may involve apex code in salesforce to trigger the real time jobs that you have set up in DataServices ( true real time). Either that - or schedule your jobs every few mins to check incremental data and load if necessary ( near real time).

Shobhit_Acharya (BOB member since 2005-08-11)

Thanks Shobhit.

This seems strange. Any idea why then configuration parameters for access server has been provided in the out of the box adapters.

Regards.
Shaz

Access Servers are needed for “Real time” jobs. The “Real Time” here is just a capability thats available, not an implementation of integration between systems. The access server receives a request in xml/soap, forwards it to the real time job which does the processing. This flow is hence different from a schedule based Batch processing of a DS Job.
Any real time data integration (irrespective of tools) needs either
1- A db/log/data polling to determine if processing is needed, or
2- A trigger driven request based processing system.

The latter is what the Access Server and the “Real Time Job” provides. These jobs are not scheduled, rather invoked by passing content to the access server by any 3rd party application capable of generating http calls. In your case - its custom code (apex or javascript) in salesforce or force.com.

Shobhit_Acharya (BOB member since 2005-08-11)

Thanks Shobhit.

Nice explanation, making perfect sense, as I can see no operations have been exposed by the adapter out of the box.

Regards.
Shaz