BusinessObjects Board

Sales RM - DS Problem

Hi All
(This may seem like a duplicate post as I had mentioned this in
https://bobj-board.org/t/194181
)

Your thoughts on the following would be greatly appreciated.

When I try to run the DS Job, example:
Sales_Load_DIMS_10_SAP

The job begins to execute and then seems to stop without reporting success (or indeed failure, it’s more akin to it in a paused state, waiting for something to happen).

In order to test a theory I created a few new jobs (replicated the SAP ones) and removed some of the WF.

This then seemed to fix the problem and the Job continued to the end and reported success. I have also discovered that if a WF contains other WF the behaviour returns…(e.g. WF_Sales_DIMS11_SAP) and I had to split this out into new Jobs to get them to run successfully.

Why is this happening?
Is there a DS setting I need to check?
Am I being a dummy?

I’m running this as a ‘FIRST’ load…

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Thank you :mrgreen:

UPDATE: It seems like it’s the Table Comparrison using Sorted Input, I’ve changed this to Row-by-Row and it’s now moving along. Will keep you all posted…

Imran Hussain :uk: (BOB member since 2013-03-18)

I have had this issue too, and switching to Row-by-row comparison is not an option for my job. we are on 12.2.2.3 and running on a db2 database.

Interestingly I too had replicated some of the jobs and was workign through it. I have done this for Sales order, delivery and billing fact. The delivery fact table comparison works perfectly and quickly. The sales order and billing factor deltas do not.

My suspicion right now is that when a DF with a table comparison is modified, the stored procedure is not correctly updated. I am now experimenting with writing a new DF containing the table comparison deltas to see if that helps.

mkb_au (BOB member since 2011-10-28)