BusinessObjects Board

SAC connection to a HANA database on Cloud Foundry

Hi All,

Sounds simple
An SAC connection to a HANA database on Cloud Foundry
Has anyone else tried this. I had no issue on NEO.

I’m getting nowhere with SAP support and starting to think it really isn’t supported yet.

Colm.

Colmboc (BOB member since 2017-05-10)

Have you tried the ‘SAP Cloud Platform’ option as well as the ‘Direct’ option?

Just wondering if you could connect via the on-prem cloud connector, and then then that connects to HANA on AWS, kind of a hop through your datacentre. Have done the same with Azure SQL Databases. Not the nicest solution!

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Thanks but the solution we’re going for is fully cloud based.

SAP/SAC support are now going to the Dev team for more info, seems it was planned for Q1 this year according to the SAP roadmap for SAC.

Hoping for good news soon.

I`ve got a few requests open on the innovation portal with regard to Cloud to Cloud database connectivity. Google BigQuery is there but needs to have more (at least HANA, Redshift and Azure SQL DW).

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

For anyone interested, I have received a reply from SAP support.

It is not possible to connect Sap Analytics Cloud(SAC) to a HANA Database running on the SAP Cloud foundry environment.
Maybe sometime in the future. It was on the SAP road map for Q1 this year but never happened and it seems it’s no longer in the planning.

No issue if your HANA DB is running on the NEO cloud environment.

Colm.

according help.sap.com: Cloud connections to SAP HANA 2.0 are supported, via the SAP HANA Analytics Adapter for Cloud Foundry.
https://help.sap.com/doc/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/11b4e5ff76eb4747bc255d7037be1f01.html#loio11b4e5ff76eb4747bc255d7037be1f01__p_connectlive

analytics_711 (BOB member since 2019-09-23)