BusinessObjects Board

SABOC 2016 already scheduled!

Last year we were even not sure if there will be SABOC 2015!
Next one is already scheduled

October 18-20, 2016
New Orleans

CU there

I’m looking forward to it.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Anybody remember the cost to attend last year? I need to submit a budget request if I’m going to have any chance to go.

Just confirmed I’ll be speaking at #BI2016 – check out my sessions: http://bit.ly/1IPW3C4

Who else is presenting there?

Michael the post is related to SABOC conference in almost a year. We will be BTW @BI2016 sapinsider. CU there.

You should also look into BI2016. It’s a very good conference.

what is the volume difference head count wise between the 2?

LANFIELD :us: (BOB member since 2006-05-18)

Hey Dan, volume is pretty comparable … BI20xx conferences will have more ERP customers … BOUC conferences will have more BOE customers

Agree with Michael, BI20xx conferences are quite good, content wise especially

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

As far as I know, BI2016 is hosted by SAP Insider the publisher. They like to “invite” their speakers and not by “call for speakers”. On the other hand, the ASUG Analytics Conference (formerly known as SABOC) finds the presenters through “Call for Speakers”. So many of the presenters are customers like us.

In addition, many of the BOBJ old-timers are in the Program Committee of the ASUG conference. The SAP Insider event does not involve us in their planning.

Hope this helps.

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

I will be a co speaker this year… with City of Chicago. Testimony around BI4.2 upgrade.

CU there

I look forward to seeing you there, Sebastien. I’ll be presenting as well.

You’re going to need the proper spelling of “y’all” since the conference is in New Orleans. :slight_smile:

The first time the event was there was in 1997. The conference “bag” was a nice duffel that I’m still using today (well, my kids are using it to pack for vacations). The slogan was “Get Jazzed in New Orleans” and during one of the nights off I went to see Pete Fountain perform.

It was also the scene of the very first “Variables” presentations by yours truly. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I am not sure I will make it this year. It will be the first Business Objects (ASUG since the SAP buyout) event that I won’t be attending in 20 years. :frowning: Wow, I guess that makes me old…

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

We’ll also need the proper pronunciation of Nawlins. :rotf:

I’ll be there again, doing one presentation. I’m doing my best to get excited about it.

“I think I can. I think I can.”

Bad news …

20 years! yep it smells old ages like me …

What are you talking about?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

I’ll be presenting about BI Governance.

I’ll be presenting about using Commands in Crystal Reports and doing a hands-on about using the Crystal .NET SDK.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

I’ll be co present with city of Chicago about boosting migration to BI4.2

All,

We are organizing a free BOBJ party Oct 19th @7PM in French quarter: music band, dinner, cocktails & Good Time. …

Feel free to register here

Stop by our booth to get entry pass.

PS: will be held @French quarter but I promise you we will only speak in English :mrgreen:

I would actually like to see a presenter on Crystal the death of a 1980s reporting tool.

And the Re-Introduction of… DESKI the birth of OLAP reporting

BOETL2012 (BOB member since 2012-08-27)