BusinessObjects Board

Run a schedule report if sales exceed certain amount?

I am using BO 4.0 SP4.
I have a sales report with sales amount. I have schedule the report to run every minute, I want to make the report if the sales amount is more than a certain amount, the webi will run itself and send the report to inbox or email.

Can it be done? I only can think file event can handle this…besides file event…any other way?

Any idea? Thanks!

ylai20 :malaysia: (BOB member since 2008-05-21)

Hi,

Is your report in Webi or Crystal? In Crystal there is an alerter feature that might help with this requirement

ramaks (BOB member since 2009-03-31)

I am using Webi, i heard that webi does not come with alert feature.

May I know how to set alert in crystal? Do I need to set the alert in crystal report itself first?

ylai20 :malaysia: (BOB member since 2008-05-21)

You set the alert up in your report - you define a condition that needs to be satisfied (i.e. sales_amount > 500) - that is under Report\Alerts. That alert is visible with your report properties in BO under “alert notifications”. The way we use this is to schedule the report to run at the desired frequency to the “default entrerprise location” (not e-mailed) and under the alert notifications where you can set up an e-mail to be sent, we include the “SI_VIEWER_URL” hyperlink. I didn’t see how to send an attachment, but the link has been satisfactory for our customers. That is in XI 3, I’d assume BI 4 is still similar.

sbroam (BOB member since 2006-08-24)

thanks this is what I was looking for. I will try it out

Swimmer :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-08-23)

Hi

Did you resolve in BUsiness Objects

I have same requirement

kmk (BOB member since 2005-05-27)

If you can write some code, I think the best way to do this would be something like this:

1. Create a “Custom” event in the CMC.

2. Create a program that will query the database on a regular basis to determine if the sales are over the threshold and, if they are, trigger the custom event.

3. Schedule the report to run dependent on the event.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

In WebI you can create a query based upon the logic ‘are sales over threshold’…use a case statement to say if sales <= threshold then 1/0…make that the first query that runs…with a database like Oracle it will force a failure which means the schedule does not complete…with a database like Cloudera Impala, for example, this will not work.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)