BusinessObjects Board

Run a SAP job in background (batch) mode - INVALID_TARGET

Our Data Services XI version is 12.2.0.0

We tried to run a SAP BusinessObjects Rapidmart job in background (batch) mode. In the SAP Application datastore, we set 'Execute in background (batch) option to ‘Yes’. Entered the target host name and job class.

When we ran the job, the failed and we kept getting the error message “INVALID_TARGET”. We checked the Target Host Name and it was correct. The Target Host is an SAP server. Does anyone know what could possibily cause this error?

We know that the “Z_AW_JOB_RUN” SAP function module is the function that schedule the background job in SAP. We suspect this function is bad. Has anyone know any issue related to Z_AW_JOB_RUN? We need to run our job in background mode to avoid a timeout error.

chi.lum (BOB member since 2010-03-15)

Did you figure this one out?

SalH :mexico: (BOB member since 2010-11-09)

Unlike in most other places, this setting here is case sensitive. So if SAP has a batch server configured under the name “SERVER1” the value “server1” would be wrong. Has to be “SERVER1” in the datastore field for the background server as well.

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

If this problem comes up, you may like to check correct settings for “Instances/operation modes (F6)” with transaction RZ04: at least 1 Productive instance with its WP -work processes- distribution is needed (that one must show at least 1 BP -batch processes- for the active OP Mode -operation modes-).

With this transaction you also may correct the settings if necessary.

Heiner Göhlmann :de: (BOB member since 2011-12-30)

Hi Anyone have managed to resolve this. I have a situation where I am trying to extract data using SERVER GROUP, and when enters the server group on Target Host name, I get the INVALID_TARGET error.

DS Version 14.2.5.894

amuh10 :uk: (BOB member since 2012-04-11)