BusinessObjects Board

row count in universe

what is the use of row count in universe level?does it decrease the no.of rows for table?

prasad v (BOB member since 2007-07-15)

I believe the rows at a table level are used for query optimizations. Not sure if this is widely used, but in the parameters tab of the parameters menu you can use this weight as a basis to which tables appear first in the from clause of the sql statement generated by BO. As well you can supply a custom number of rows for a table, I believe this is only used as an override if you’ve found that optimizations are more superior if a table should appear in a different order. Not totally sure if this is the correct functionality and if it is widely accepted as a means to optimize your queries.

JTAMBLYN :canada: (BOB member since 2003-05-28)

Hi Friends,

I am nt sure whether this can be done or not, Can anyone let me know if there is a way to get the count of objects under any given class in the universe because we have a big universe where in many objects and classes, so we are modifying the objects. So I want to tally the number of objects exist under a class with actual objects present in the table from database.

Thanks
Krishna

krishna3 :india: (BOB member since 2007-04-11)

This can be done through an excel macro. You could check BoB’s Downloads for a related utility and play around with it.

Here is one for a start.

nithya_raj (BOB member since 2007-02-03)

How do I keep the row count override? It disappears when I export the universe.

brocht :us: (BOB member since 2009-09-09)