BusinessObjects Board

Retrieve SQL queries fired through DI

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is a way by which i can retrieve the number of rows updated and inserted into a table.

The table i am speaking of above is the target table of the job. Please bear in mind that i do not wish to change the job to gather these statistics.

Is there any metadata table that can give me this information ?

Thanks in advance!

coolvibs123 (BOB member since 2011-02-18)

You get this information in AL_AUDIT table in the repository database

thanks,

vasanthasuresh (BOB member since 2011-07-28)

Rightclick the table you loaded from the object library, select properties and check the attribute values. Some contain number of inserts/updates/deletes of the last load. You find this information in AL_ATTRIBUTES or whatever it is called.

The AL_STATISTICS is the actual table for runtime statistics but it does not break down the rows to insert/update/deletes.

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

You could also use the ‘table_attribute’ function with the ‘print’ function to write these values to the screen whilst running the job.

Nemesis :australia: (BOB member since 2004-06-09)

I usually prefer to use AL_STATISTICS.

The AL_ATTR table (which is where the table_attribute() function goes to get its data) is only for the last execution of the object. If I have two jobs running in parallel that use the same Dataflow then I could get the wrong information.

If you query AL_STATISTICS just right (not an easy thing to do) then you can get the exact statistics you are looking for. But, like Werner said, it doesn’t break the statistic down into insert/update/delete.

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)