BusinessObjects Board

Restrict # of selects in prompt - report only

We want to restrict users in 1 report (not universe level) to only be able to pick up to 3 values from a LOV in 1 prompt.

Saw a sample to:

1. create 3 query filters (or) for the same object with InList and 3 different prompt names.
  2. Then uncheck - keep last value selected.
  3. Use custom query script and change all 3 filters to (change prompt name for all 3 to the same + change to “mono,constrained”):

INCENTIVE_PROGRAM_NUMBER IN @prompt(‘Select up to 3 Programs:’,‘A’,‘Agg Claims Detail\Incentive Program Number’,Mono,Constrained,Persistent,User:1)
OR
INCENTIVE_PROGRAM_NUMBER IN @prompt(‘Select up to 3 Programs:’,‘A’,‘Agg Claims Detail\Incentive Program Number’,Mono,Constrained,Persistent,User:0)
)
OR
INCENTIVE_PROGRAM_NUMBER IN @prompt(‘Select up to 3 Programs:’,‘A’,‘Agg Claims Detail\Incentive Program Number’,Mono,Constrained,Persistent,User:2)

–> I can’t get this to work:

1. It only allows me to select one value
  2. If I change it to ‘multi’, I can select more than 3 values.

Does anyone know how to do this? We don’t want our users to bring down the database by selecting everything under the sun, but we also don’t want to restrict them to only 1 selection. They stated they could live with 3 :smiley:

csowinsk :us: (BOB member since 2011-09-02)