BusinessObjects Board

Restrict hyperlink by value in crystal report

I have a hyperlink in a crystal report that I want to not display when the value being populated is 0.
I still want the value to appear on the report, but I don’t want it to create a hyperlink to the other report as it has no data on this other report, and generates an error when clicking on the hyperlink. Any ideas if this can be done?
Thanks!

Blowers (BOB member since 2009-09-30)

I don’t think there is a way to do this using a single field object, so what I would do is this:

1. Put the value field on the report and set the hyperlink. In the object format, set the suppress formula to something like:

{value field} = 0

1. Put the value field on the report again without setting a hyperlink (initially, do no put this on top of the field from step 1). In the object format, set the suppress formula to something like:

{value field} <> 0

1. Select both fields, right-click to make them the same size and right-click again to align the top and left.

This will show the field with the hyperlink when the value is > 0 and the one without the hyperlink when the value is 0.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

Thanks for the reply! I ended up suppressing the field to prevent the hyperlink, but I will also try your trick of putting the field in again so the 0 value is displayed, as currently its blank :smiley:

Blowers (BOB member since 2009-09-30)