BusinessObjects Board

Rest API returns XML response with a recursive node

Hi All,

I have a REST API call that returns a XML response with a recursive node. I am unable to specify a circular level for this node.

Is there a work around to specify this for a Http Adapter data store?

Cheers
Mohan

cpmohanraj :australia: (BOB member since 2002-09-23)

if you are on DS 4.2 SP2, why are you using HTTP Adapter for RESTFul services ? DS 4.2 support RESTFul Webservice Datastore use that

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Hi Manoj,

I have tried web service REST data store but I get the following error,

An error occurred while browsing metadata for the web service.

URL:https://live.adaptiveplanning.com/api/v7

Additional Information:
An error occurred while importing metadata: The WADL document at <https://live.adaptiveplanning.com/api/v7> is missing an application element (BODI-1111469) (BODI-1112446)

Update: I have got in touch with the vendor (Adaptive Insights) and they have confirmed that they do not have WADL for their APIs. But they have provided a guide to specify the format of request and reponse XML formats

Kind Regards
Mohan

Use SoapUI to generate the WADL using an example input URL

Hi Manoj,

Can you please tell me how do I make Data Services to use the generated WADL file?

Update: I figured that we can specify that WADL file instead of URL. But the WADL that gets generated do not include the methods.

Cheers
Mohan
SoapUI.PNG
wadl.txt (0.0 KB)

Hi Manoj,

The WADL file I attached seem to be correct. It is just that the REST API exposes just one POST method called V7 and we need to pass XML content as Request.

We can see EMPTYBODY as part of REQUEST schema and RESPONSE schema as this web service basically takes XML as input and sends back xml as output.

When I tried to use this function and pass valid XML as request, nothing seem to be happening. And I couldn’t figure out how to setup tracing or see logs. Can you please point me to right place to find the logs?

Update

I was able to specify the XSD for request and response using grammars. Now I am stuck with forming a valid request XML strcuture. The TRANSFORM level trace shows the below XML request structure,

7872	8932	TRAN	11/09/2014 4:19:23 PM	<call xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
7872	8932	TRAN	11/09/2014 4:19:23 PM	callerName = "Data Services ODW"  method = "exportData" <credentials password = "**********"  login =
7872	8932	TRAN	11/09/2014 4:19:23 PM	"**************" ></credentials>
7872	8932	TRAN	11/09/2014 4:19:23 PM	<version isDefault = "false"  name = "Working" ></version>
7872	8932	TRAN	11/09/2014 4:19:23 PM	<format includeUnmappedItems = "false"  useInternalCodes = "true" ></format>
7872	8932	TRAN	11/09/2014 4:19:23 PM	</call>

The web service expects the callerName and method to be formed as attributes of which is not happening.

Cheers
Mohan[/code]
WebService_REST_DS.PNG

looking at the schema that got imported in DS the input and output both are empty

can you open a support case ? it will be easy for me to work with you
or email me (mdhyani at hotmail ) the ATL and WADL information

Hi All,

Just to update, Manoj had a look into this and it appears to be a bug in the product. I have used Python script within the dataflow to call the web service as the work around.

Kind Regards
Mohan

Hi Mohan,I have the same scenario like I got this .wadl file and when I import ed my function and tried calling through query both the Request and Response schemas are emptybody. Is this the problem you were facing? Would you please share your Python script work around?
were you mentioning this kinda bug?

Thanks a lot.

pravink19 :us: (BOB member since 2011-08-01)